5:15 October 14
54ºF Cloudy Conditions
11 hours and 21 minutes of day
For this visit things are pretty quite. I really only hear some cars in the distance and a very very faint sound of crickets or some sort of buzzing insects. The only bird I hear anymore is a few crows a little ways away. I suspect that there aren't many if any of summer birds left, most of them have surely began to migrate south. There is a slight wind but nothing compared to my last visit. The leaves have also changed quite a bit from my last visit as well. There were only a handful of new colors but now there are only a handful of the old green leaves. I expect that it will be similar for my next visit, but the one after that I think they will have began to fall. I'm curious as to when the summer birds do start to migrate, if it is earlier than now or later. Also the insects. I have never heard of insects migrating and I know that they don't. So I'm curious as to why we hear them less, if they have simply died or if they are just quieter and more content as it gets colder.
Come see me. We can't see your pics. You have a day length issue as well. The rest of your info is good. Watch for patterns in the color change/leaf fall. Also, if you do some migration research and give some specific birds you have/are seeing and post information on this on your next visit, it could be worth some bonus credit. Same with the insect information...
ReplyDelete